Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The MasterChef in me.


So off I went to Safeway and bought Betty Crocker's Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies!

To cut the long story short, I made a whole batch of about 24 cookies and gave it out to a few people. 1 of them being Adrian. They were quite surprised when I handed them their batch of cookies. Smiles galore! =D

Anyway, I thought they were delightfully delicious!

You can never go wrong with trusty old Betty Crocker which brings me to my next point.

A few weeks later, in gratitude to my lab for doing such a wonderful job in cleaning out the lab for an inspection, I made them Cinnamon muffins!! Of course Betty Crocker style but with an added twist! I mixed in raspberries and bananas in the muffin mix as well.
They turned out absolutely heavenly. I'm going to make them again some time soon.

With all these baking success with pre-mixed powder, I've decided that maybe, just maybe I might be ready for the real world. =)
A few photos of my baking expedition.

First off: Cookie Cowabunga!


Second: Muffin madness!

Tadah!
Cinnamon banana muffin with raspberry goodness.
And along with that, I also made Konnayaku Jelly (which I think I'm pretty good at) for my colleagues. However, they weren't all that keen on the jelly as jellies in Australia tend to be very soft - the kind that you can squeeze/mash through your teeth! So the texture of Konnayaku was a bit weird for them to handle but they ate it nonetheless!
Yum. Yum. Yum.
=D

8 comments:

  1. JAN!!!! u did not give me??? :-( :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!.. prabhu!!..i actually made some on friday! Wanted to give you yesterday at CG outing..but I scared to give cause if I give one, must give all!! and I don't have enough to give everybody.. so.. next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice,

    Haha... your jelly and muffin seems quite good... i also learning how to cook rice and some soup for my summer immersion program in UK...

    I got this magic induction cooker... and my mum is teaching me some of her soup... should be edible i guess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guoyi, is that you?? Haha, I can't access your profile so I don't know whether its you or not! But you fit the bill.. anyway..magic induction cooker?? Is it the one that doesn't need electricity? My mum has a cooker where she puts in her stew/soup ingredients, heat it on the fire for 20 mins, put it in the pot..and 3 - 4 hours later..its done!! REALLY GOOD!! I wanna get that someday.

    Anyway, I too learn to cook from my mum the week I got here. Living by yourself changes so many things. It moulds you to be so much more independent! A very good learning experience. Enjoy yourself! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahha. if by whining u mean, leaving a note on one of your to do lists, then yes I was whining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. but yes, thank you very much for the cookies. they were very very tasty

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha...since when do you care about such mindless shit such as my blog!!!!

    anyway, im glad you're here!! hahaa..yes..whining or whatever, u get the drift. But aren't you glad you whined?

    you got COOKIES!!!..i thought they were pretty yummy too.. hmm..niceee...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yup that me jan... this is Guoyi here... haha... they got a sale recently in singapore for Magic induction cooker...

    I will be cooking Curry and Bah Gu Teh in England with rice when i miss home... of course is those easy packet one la...

    Yours,
    Ng

    ReplyDelete