Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mozzy Love

I don't have a penchant for buying bracelets/bands in support of organisations or causes because I usually don't know what to do with them after! I know I'm a bit of a hoarder so I try to stay away from things that turn into junk!

But this one attracted me like a bee to honey.

1) Because if you know me by now, I'm a person who absolutely ADORE colourful things and this one has just the prettiest colours!

2) Ever since my Honours year researching on mosquitoes, anything to do with these little biters brings up a fire in me like no other. Maybe cause I got to know them just a little bit more better? I don't know.

So as my bit for the world, with this little bracelet I hope somewhere out there, there's a little child whose risk for malaria is lowered because she's got a mosquito net to sleep in. =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    "Maybe cause I got to know them just a little bit more better? I don't know."

    Maybe it because u "donate" blood to them that y u know the mozzy better? haha... I think it really a good cause, think there still a lot of country facing all these malaria problem cause by mozzy...

    Well keep up the good work here, Jan!

    Yours,
    Ng

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. I DID donate blood..u remember!! maybe through "blood relations" I developed a bond..hahaaha.. That project was fun while it lasted, even though it was extremely stressful, I enjoyed every minute of it! =D

    Anyway, yes!! I reckon everybody should support mozzy work out there.. Well, particularly us, as we know first hand how its like to live with mozzies in our tropical climate. Mosquito-borne diseases claim so many lives especially so in impoverish countries where they cannot afford proper precautions so its very important!! I'm glad I'm trying to do my littlest bit.

    Hope you're coping alright in sunny europe!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete