Monday, April 19, 2010

Crash dummy love

Day 6 - 16th April 2010

Background:

I got hit by a car almost about a month back on the 10th of March 2010.

I got hit crossing the road on a green man by a car turning left to the road I was crossing. I got hit on my right hip, fell on my left hip and rolled. Thankfully I only sustained bruises.

I was send to hospital that night by the couple who hit me. The girl was driving when she hit me but the guy took over when they send me to the hospital. She was still under her learner's permit.

In Australia, once you passed the equivalent of the basic theory test, you get your learner's permit. During this period, anybody can teach you how to drive.
I remembered how she was crying while she helped me out of the car. I think she was more scared than I was hurt. I remembered having to comfort her all the way to the Accidents and Emergency counter.

Fast forward to present:

Today I messaged the girl who hit me to ask her how she was and whether she's still traumatised from driving. She's feeling better and now she has a proper instructor to teach her rather than her boyfriend! I asked whether they had to pay any fine for reckless driving, but I didn't get a response after that.

Nonetheless, I'm still very glad that she's recovered as well as I have!

BIG SMILE from me!

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing that you did not suffer major injury in the accident. Thank you Lord.

    ReplyDelete