Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Welcome to Janice's Project of Love


I've been thinking of doing something like this for the longest time but just never got round to it. Its been a year since I started working and life has settled into a nice routine but I've always felt that I could do more with what I have.

Life has been grand so far, and even more so this last year. Definitely the usual ups and downs we all face but other than that, I've been feeling extremely blessed. Too blessed. I feel like I've got so much to share, so much love to give, so much encouragement to say. But of course under all this lies the foundation and source of my affections which can be summarised in just 3 words:

"God is Love" - 1 John 4:8

Thus, the birth of this project.

God has blessed me with so many things, and I feel that I've got to share my blessings. Simply put: God bless me, I bless you.

Therefore, my aim is to make somebody smile each day for a year by doing random acts of kindness. Strangers, friends, all inclusive.

Start date: 11th April 2010

I hope by the end of this project, these acts of love would be instilled in me and become an everyday occurrence for the rest of my life. Its also my own little journey to Christ-likeness. I believe its going to be an enriching yet humbling experience for me...and the receipient. And I hope through this acts that everyone can feel the unconditional love my God has for me. ;)

This blog will be a record of all my doings. I'm not the best writer, so I'll make each entry short and sweet, grammatical errors included. And I'll really try....to keep this blog going (which to me is harder than the project itself!!!).

So with that I'm glad to say that Jan's Project of Love is underway! Woohoo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment